Monday, September 8, 2008

Finals are over - Time to focus

So finals are finally over, I can get back on applying.

First one up is Columbia, I've already thought about it a lot and spent way to much during my finals week contemplating what I wanted to write. Except now that I've finally sat down to write the essay it's a BUNCH OF RAMBLING going on. Actually that's just basically HOW I WRITE! Why can application be just a bunch of math problems, why am I such an Engineer! (yes there are engineers who can write, but how does that help me!)

I went to the info session last week, and now I want to go there more than ever!! I have so much I want to say, but it all comes out as, "Columbia is good yada, Columbia is great yada yada yada, I like Columbia..." Again CRAP!


So I'm one my 3rd draft on some of the essays, but it's funny cuz when I say draft I just mean I've started from scratch a rewrote dribble 3 times! At least it is long dribble. I wanted to get this submitted by Wednesday, but don't think that would happen concidering I have an interview with UCLA Riordan (Pre-MBA) program tomorrow night, and I'm cleaning up some of my files for that. But I don't think my recommenders will be ready so that's okay.


That brings me to a good note, I did get an interview for the Riordan program (it would be devastating not to even get an interview to a pre-MBA program, right before I'm applying to an MBA program). The other good note is that because of the riordan, I finally finished my Resume. I started over from scratch and I like how this new one looks. Been about 3 years since I had to do a REAL RESUME.


Oh since I'm all about good notes, I've submitted part I of the Kellogg application. I could have done it a month ago except I didn't really know what to put for job description. Now to wait for the interview (at least I know I'll get one, since kellogg interviews everyone)



The ball is finally rolling - Well until class starts again.

Goodluck to Everyone!! I look forward to seeing everyone at Business school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News:
GMAC has finally stated that they are punishing 100 people for the GMAT Scoretop scandal
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/blogs/mba_admissions/archives/2008/09/gmat_cheating_s_4.html

I don't know how I feel about it. I hard about it way after it happened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I saw your information up on admission 411 and decided to follow the link. Apparently we are one of 4 people who have submitted to UCLA already (id is nomsg7111). I saw you are also applying to Northwestern, not to the MMM program by any chance? I am from similar background BS and MS engineering from UC schools (UCSB and Cal). Good luck with the business admission process!

Brian