Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Been an interesting couple of weeks

So I got rejected by the Riordan Program (Pre-MBA program by UCLA Anderson School). That was tough to take. But I'm over it and moved on.

Spend the past week in Chicago, Chicago GSB Live event at UChicago on 26 and then Kellogg's first lunch with students event on 29th.

Chicago - Went way up on my list



Chicago:
Amazing building state of the art, I think anyone going to the school would have to say the Building is the best from both the outside and inside. They were amazing in wining and dining us, we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner all provided. They served beer and wine at their LPF function (end of the week wind down).

Since it was the first couple days of class, we had a mock class. It was pretty boring the mock class, and although the professor sounds interesting, there is only so much you can do with TAXES! T company forms new T company, Which is owned by P company, which buys S company.. Yada Yada Yada.. (Shoot me Now!)

But everything else was exceptional, the people I met, both students and prospectives, were equally exceptional. You can definitely feel that you're in the presence of great Minds.





So as for Applications.. I have been holding off on my columbia applications, I think lack of deadline is hurting me. I have made several changes, and everyday I change it more and more, I think I am going to give myself until Thursday before I submit. But I think that's it, whatever I have on thursday I'm turning it in then moving on.


*The non-Business school info of the day*
I would highly recommend that everyone watch Zeitgeist: the Movie
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, you should watch the 3rd part: FED.

No comments: